Garlic- Southern Glen (Bulb)
- Suitable for southern Qld and northern NSW
- Matures early
- Small bulbs, moderate heat and flavour
A purple softneck (non-bolting) Australian bred variety that's suitable to grow in warmer climates. Bulbs are teardrop shaped with purple striped skins and white inner skins. Cloves have thin, pale purple skins, with a medium to hot flavour. Plants are short; though they do not produce a scape, bulbils may grow in the main shoot (called a pseudostem). Adapted to climates in Qld, NSW, VIC and SA except for areas with very cold, damp winters.
Softneck - Subtropical variety.
8-14 cloves per bulb.
Plant March to April; harvest November to January.
Stores 8-10 months.
Product code: Z-GAR-12
Quick Planting Guide
|Hardiness / Life Cycle||Frost Hardy Perennial (usually grown as an annual)|
|Position||Full sun, very well drained soil|
|Days Until Maturity||270 days|
How To Grow
CARE: Store on wire racks in a cool, dry, airy place until planting.
- Choose a location in full sun with very well draining soil.
- Dig over soil; garlic prefers a slightly acidic soil rich in organic matter.
- Space rows 20cm apart.
- Plant individual cloves 10-15cm apart with the pointed tips facing upwards; do not plant very small cloves.
- Plant 3-5cm deep so the tips are just below the surface.
- Mulch with straw or lucerne.
- Keep well watered during warm weather.
- Harvest when leaves begin to turn brown and there are 4-6 green leaves remaining; lift the whole plant out of the soil with a garden fork.
- Cure bulbs in a shady, well-ventilated area for 3-10 weeks before cutting the dried leaves about 2cm from the bulb.
We deliver Australia wide.
All orders are dispatched from our warehouse in Knoxfield, Victoria, Australia.
We do not deliver overseas.
Shipping cost is calculated using all the items in your shopping cart and your delivery postcode. The table below outlines the delivery options and costs.
Order dispatch time is currently 1-3 business days plus delivery time.
Please note we are unable to guarantee specific delivery dates, the delivery timeframes below are estimates only.
|Order contains:||Delivery options:||Delivery cost per order|
|VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS, SA, NT||WA|
|Small seed packets ONLY -||Economy Delivery||$2.50 or FREE on orders over $20||$5|
|Parcel Delivery||Capped rate of $6.99|
BULK seed, garden supplies, tools, or accessories -
Capped rate of $6.99
|Starting from $15.00
(Calculated by weight)
|Live Plants -||Live plants||Capped rate of $10.00|
*All orders sent to Western Australia are subject to mandatory inspection and fees by Quarantine WA. These fees are included in all shipping costs above.
**We will replace all orders that are lost or damaged in transit however we will not replace or refund orders simply because they were delivered later than estimated. Full details here.
Ratings & Reviews
Garlic- Southern Glen (Bulb)I recently bought this garlic and a couple of other types suitable for Queensland. Delivery was quick and coincided with the garden bed preparations being completed. I was surprised that they all sprouted up in about a week. Now the wait for harvest. Thank you.