GREEN MANURE- Radish Long Rooted
- Specialty Radish blend
- 100g covers approximately 50 square meters
Specialty radish selected for its long taproot to reduce soil compaction and aerate soil. Hardy radish variety which is drought tolerant and great at penetrating all soil types. Draws water and nutrients to the surface and improves nitrogen, soil structure and drainage. Fast growing, useful for suppressing weeds and nematodes. Suitable to fodder feeding. Best sown in late Summer although can also be sown in Autumn and Spring.
100g covers approximately 50 square meters.
How to grow:
- Prepare soil for sowing ; remove any weeds and cultivate well.
- Sow seed at a rate of 100g to 50 square metres into cultivated soil. Sowing depth: 10-20mm
- Grow until the plants are approaching flowering then cut or slash and dig into the soil to decompose.
Seeds per gram: 68
Product code: Z-0008
Quick Planting Guide
|Season||Late summer, autumn and spring|
How To Grow
- Prepare soil by removing weeds and raking the surface to break up large clumps.
- Sow seeds by scattering them relatively thickly over soil.
- Rake seeds in or cover with well-rotted animal manure or compost.
- Dig plants in before they set seed. Mow or shred larger plants prior to digging in, and turn small plants into the ground using a garden fork.
- Remove any woody debris to the compost heap.
- Distribute the organic matter evenly through the top layer of soil so that it can quickly decompose.
- Allow around six weeks between digging in green manure and planting a new crop.
We deliver Australia wide.
All orders are dispatched from our warehouse in Knoxfield, Victoria, Australia.
We do not deliver overseas.
Shipping cost is calculated using all the items in your shopping cart and your delivery postcode. The table below outlines the delivery options and costs.
Order dispatch time is currently 1-3 business days plus delivery time.
Please note we are unable to guarantee specific delivery dates, the delivery timeframes below are estimates only.
|Order contains:||Delivery options:||Delivery cost per order|
|VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS, SA, NT||WA|
|Small seed packets ONLY -||Economy Delivery||$2.50 or FREE on orders over $20||$5|
|Parcel Delivery||Capped rate of $6.99|
BULK seed, garden supplies, tools, or accessories -
Capped rate of $6.99
|Starting from $15.00
(Calculated by weight)
|Live Plants -||Live plants||Capped rate of $10.00|
*All orders sent to Western Australia are subject to mandatory inspection and fees by Quarantine WA. These fees are included in all shipping costs above.
**We will replace all orders that are lost or damaged in transit however we will not replace or refund orders simply because they were delivered later than estimated. Full details here.
Ratings & Reviews
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other The Seed Collection Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.