GREEN MANURE- Spring and Summer Mix 100g
GREEN MANURE- Spring and Summer Mix
Contains a mix of varieties
- Improves soil
- 100g covers approximately 50 square meters.
Improves soil condition, increases biomass, suppresses weeds between crop planting, reduces soil compaction and helps to limit soil erosion. Best sown in Spring and Summer.
This mix has been specially selected as a spring/summer cover crop and grazing blend.
Seeds included in this blend:
Millet; to retain soil moisture in hot dry conditions and prevent erosion.
Sorgum; for fast weed suppression, adding organic matter and biomass to soil and improving soil structure.
Rapeseed: for recovering spent soils and improving Nitrogen and Phosphorus
Tillage radish; to reduce soil compaction and draw nutrients to the surface.
100g covers approximately 50 square meters.
How to grow:
- Prepare soil for sowing ; remove any weeds and cultivate well.
- Sow seed at a rate of 100g to 50 square metres into cultivated soil. Sowing depth: 10-20mm
- Grow until the plants are approaching flowering then cut or slash and dig into the soil to decompose.
Seeds per gram: 100
Product code: Z-0015
Quick Planting Guide
|Season||Spring and Summer|
How To Grow
- Prepare soil by removing weeds and raking the surface to break up large clumps.
- Sow seeds by scattering them relatively thickly over soil.
- Rake seeds in or cover with well-rotted animal manure or compost.
- Dig plants in before they set seed. Mow or shred larger plants prior to digging in, and turn small plants into the ground using a garden fork.
- Remove any woody debris to the compost heap.
- Distribute the organic matter evenly through the top layer of soil so that it can quickly decompose.
- Allow around six weeks between digging in green manure and planting a new crop.
We deliver Australia wide.
All orders are dispatched from our warehouse in Knoxfield, Victoria, Australia.
We do not deliver overseas.
Shipping cost is calculated using all the items in your shopping cart and your delivery postcode. The table below outlines the delivery options and costs.
Order dispatch time is currently 1-3 business days plus delivery time.
Please note we are unable to guarantee specific delivery dates, the delivery timeframes below are estimates only.
|Order contains:||Delivery options:||Delivery cost per order|
|VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, TAS, SA, NT||WA|
|Small seed packets ONLY -||Economy Delivery||$2.50 or FREE on orders over $20||$5|
|Parcel Delivery||Capped rate of $6.99|
BULK seed, garden supplies, tools, or accessories -
Capped rate of $6.99
|Starting from $15.00
(Calculated by weight)
|Live Plants -||Live plants||Capped rate of $10.00|
*All orders sent to Western Australia are subject to mandatory inspection and fees by Quarantine WA. These fees are included in all shipping costs above.
**We will replace all orders that are lost or damaged in transit however we will not replace or refund orders simply because they were delivered later than estimated. Full details here.
Ratings & Reviews
GREEN MANURE- Spring and Summer MixGood green manure but didn't cover as much ground as I was expecting so didn't grow as thick as I was wanting, but grew and dug in well